Saturday, February 12, 2011

# cheap lunch at central market # chinese new year celebration

Chinese New Year Party @ Work

Thanks to the "great" folks a Finance we had a chance to yee sang this year, with addition of Lion Dance, buffet lunch and lucky draws

While everyone was busy looking for places to sit, I was busy taking pictures of the Lion Dance

The Lion Dance,they started at my block then moved to the MPH and finished off on the stage
The troop
Ahh, the food. I was taking pictures of the food when the guy on stage announced that the table was now open for lunch and I took the only vegetarian food on the menu-Dessert!
The green popiah,and my favorite of the day-tapioca keuh sprinkled with generous amount of gula Malacca!
The yee sang before it started...

Someone, Tony and Jet Son I think started with arranging and pouring the sauces and mixes on the plate

Lou Sang before...

and after yee sang was over....barely edible..but I took a few bites...for good luck! Everyone was pretty much wishing for the same thing, 15% pay increment, better working hours and a promotion!
My lunch plate
The scroll spelled Happy Chinese New Year. Yay, let's welcome the spirit of the Rabbit!
Gong xi Gong xi

No comments:

Post a Comment