Saturday, November 1, 2014

# review

DOHA REVIEW: AL AHLI DAY 7 OF ADMISSION

I was off the IV drips completely and was walking more than yesterday. I was delivered my daily newspaper and was  reading it when Dr Sujatha came in to do her rounds. She was pleasantly surprised to see me walking about in the room with the daily in hand. I was looking at the classified for nanny services! My husband was late so he missed the morning session with the good doctor. She asked if I wanted to be released tomorrow but it was too soon for me, I just got my anti-clot injection on my thigh yesterday and I was given suppository every few hours to help with passing gas, urinate and poop. Until I don't pass gas I have to walk, until I don't pass gas I won't be given semi-solid food, until I don't poop I won't get solid food. I had passed gas at night and with the help of the suppository I managed to pee and poop. Let me tell you that it hurts more to pee standing up that sitting down so I suggest you pee sitting down, no matter how much is hurts to sit down and stand up (use your knee muscles) it's worse standing up


C-section liquid dinner and breakfast



Semi solid food

I was given semi solid food today; consisting mostly of pasta, custard, milk and juice. See picture below. It was still better than yesterday's which was  gelatin, jelly, sweets and green tea (which I totally didn't drink but I realized I should have because it helps with milk production!)

Plus I had started on my Indian galactagogues so I decided that was better than what Al Ahli was giving!

I told the nurses to bring my son whenever he is hungry so I can breastfeed him and they did, once at 6am. I could barely stand up from my bed and the nursery nurse wasn't helpful at all, she placed him on my lap and went off. I struggled to position and reposition few times. I fell asleep while feeding him, I woke up and he was still in my arms. I then used all my strength to stand up, bite the pain and put him back on his bed. Then I dialed the nursery's extension and told them if he was still hungry to please feed him formula

One thing I forgot to ask for was the breast pump. They have a drawer labelled visible from the nurses'counter and if I were you I'd ask them, at least they can feed your baby your colostrum (the rich nutritious yellow milk from first few days after you deliver)

No comments:

Post a Comment