Monday, February 2, 2015

# chestnut mushroom burger recipe # food

Food review: chestnut mushroom burgers

Eat healthy bitch!

After a whole day of cleaning up and sorting clothes and two failed attempts at whipping cream-both times it curdled and went straight to the sink I was raving for something quick and easy


I found this recipe off someone's blog and it took me no more than 30 mins from preparing it to baking it


The original recipe was meant for 4 burgers but when I followed it thru it only fit in 3 burgers


So here goes the recipe for a tasty and flavorful chestnut mushroom burger


3 burger buns
1 onions finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 buffalo tomato diced
3 tablespoon of fresh parsley finely chopped
Salt and coarse pepper to taste
Shredded emmentel, yancey's fancy buffalo wing cheese and Scottish mild cheddar  (use any cheese you have this is what I had in my fridge)
1 tablespoon French baratte butter (again use any butter you have this is what I had sitting in my fridge)


1. In a pan heat butter and add the onion, garlic and tomato. Fry lightly. I fried for about 2 minutes on medium heat 


2. Add in the parsley. Reduce heat to the lowest


3. I was lazy so I shredded on the pan straight the cheeses 


4. Add the salt and pepper to your liking 


5. Mix well 


6. Wash the mushrooms, pat them dry with kitchen paper and put them upside down on the bun


7. Scoop the fried gooey stuff off your pan and fill up the hollow of the mushrooms 


8. Close your bun, give it a quick press with your hand. It's OK if the access filling dribbles to the bun as long as it doesn't come out of the bun


9. Bake it at 180°C for 15 minutes

The burger after its round in the oven

My burger looks yellowish because I had added too much salt and to even out the taste I added a dollop of ceasar sauce

Here you can see I cut the burger in half to show you how the mushroom should be put on the bun; upside down 

No comments:

Post a Comment