Friday, February 20, 2015

# daifuku # food

Food review: Strawberry daifuku

Like all Japanese sweet dessert this one too was lengthy and meticulous


I took the recipe from just one cookbook blog-google it for the link. I did the red bean paste first and then later at midnight when I am most free I did the daifukus


It took me a lot of time getting the sticky glutinous dough to stick to the red paste and even after multiple folding and generous dusting of corn flour the thing was still sticky


Then I realised with Japanese desserts there is no short cut and I'm going to need a lot of practice to get it right. All the other bloggers that put up pretty pictures of daifuku is because they had probably done it their whole life so they can produce great results but if you are a first timer then don't expect much. My pictures a telling proof!!!


Some pictures after the jump


No comments:

Post a Comment