Thursday, December 17, 2009

# bow tie pasta # caramel onion

Bow Tie Pasta for Dinner

This recipe is really funny. I went shopping to KL with dad and since he was there to help me carry stuff, I bought bottles of red and green pesto, bow tie pasta jams from Mark and Spencer@Gardens...OK, so back to the recipe. This was meant to be kusheri recipe but I had to tweak it a little bit because mum didn't store flat red and green lentils..and I didn't want to add rice to the bow tie, I was afraid it would turn out ugly so I used green pesto and smothered my pasta with it, then topped it with red sauce, garnished it with Gorgonzola (blue cheese) and voila~

Sweet wine, red pesto, green pesto, chocolate jam, caramelized onions with alcohol

Bow tie pasta

Frying the onions

Fried onions

Blending the tomatoes for the red sauce

Caramelized onions done!

Green pesto mixed with pasta


 
Setting up the plates...pasta first

...sauce up next....

...followed by caramelized onions...

 
...garnished with Gorgonzola...



...and finally labeled for the diners!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment