Thursday, January 5, 2012

# new year 2012

New Year, New Rant

I missed the Jan 1st entry, was busy holidaying but not before getting sick and throwing up and feeling nauseous the whole day, just two days before New Year. A quick trip to the doctor fixed that for both of us. Must be the rotten maggi goreng from Hassan's we had for dinner. My New Year was about to go awry again but we sorted out our indifferences and went out for drinks but because of the heavy traffic that had enveloped Malacca streets, we just managed to watch the fireworks going off atop hotel roofs. The bars we wanted to go were so packed, people couldn't move so we went to this Thai restaurant for drinks which overlooked the sea and the sea-shore bar below.

Now bigger issues at hand. We are both planning to get married this year and he had already pre-booked a trip to Paris this May. My fiancee says that he wants to check with his mum first, if it's ok to go to this trip and I have feeling that she is going to say no, so I offered to pay for fare differences and reschedule the flight to July. I hope Air Asia won't rip me off for that! I know my mum won't stop me from holidaying with my fiancee, hell for my aunt abroad shes anticipating our visiting her. Engagement is as good as marriage for my family, but given the traditionality of his mum it's hard convincing her to step out of the house as it is, and it's going to be even harder to ask her permission to Paris. Can you imagine, this damned Asian society we live in? He's 31 this year and has to ask his mum's permission to go holidaying..sigh..when will we ever learn!

Broken dream

No comments:

Post a Comment