Friday, June 7, 2013

# food # instant kheer

National Brand Kheer Mix

The other day I went to Family Food Center near airport and bought this packet of kheer mix, missing my mum's cooking I was and all. So I followed the instruction and it came out tasting way to sweet (even after 1 litre of milk being added into the mix (this was like probably about 150 grams) and swirled it for 15 minutes. The milk didn't thicken as I expected so I guess the manufacturers didn't really put much thought into their instant kheer ingredients.



As you can see from this image, the rice strands are barely visible. They had smashed the rice to extremely tiny pieces so after the milk is mixed well with kheer, it still looks like milk with slivers of almonds and cinammons floating around in it

No comments:

Post a Comment