Saturday, December 27, 2014

# review # sedona lace 160 pro full second edition

Make Up Review: Sedona Lace

Maybe I should have re-titled the entry as Sedona Lace shipping & customer service review

I forgot all about my first purchase from Sedona Lace last year. I bought the foundation/concealer palette which is working great for me. It is very thick so I apply moisturizer on my face, and keep my Beauty Blender sponge semi-wet, use my finger as the foundation applicator and smooth it out with the sponge. I have to work fast because now I have an infant son so I no longer use my primer as a primer, I dab it on my face after applying my foundation and dab again with my sponge to smooth some dry parts out. I have very dry skin!

So back to the Sedona Lace review. I bought the 160 Pro Full Palette Second Edition and the Full Set of Blush. I purchased them on the Cyber Monday sale where everything was going for 50% off. Lucky for me, with the 12 hour time zone gap while most Americans were still in deep slumber I was deciding which sets to buy. The next day when I went back to their website most of their blush, eyeshadow and concealer palettes were sold out.

December 1
I purchased 2 palettes from Sedona Lace.

1BLU-02828 Blush Palette$7.98$7.98
1PFC-168-2168 Pro Full Color Second Edition$14.98$14.9

Subtotal:$22.96

Shipping:$26.00

Tax:$0.00

GRAND TOTAL:$48.96

December 7
Last update from USPS about my shipment. By Xmas week I was getting worried because I hadn't received the items so I sent them an email on December 22 and a Deena replied

Because there is limited tracking with international packages, that is that last tracking update at the moment. It has left the US already and is still on its way to your destination.

The tracking number didn't provide me with much info either.

Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:

  • First-Class Package International Service

Features:

    • International Letter
DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
LOCATION
December 7, 2014 , 4:43 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
JAMAICA, NY 11430 
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in JAMAICA, NY 11430 on December 7, 2014 at 4:43 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
December 7, 2014 , 4:23 am
Departed USPS Facility
MIAMI, FL 33112 
December 5, 2014 , 2:39 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
MIAMI, FL 33112 
December 3, 2014 , 2:26 pm
Shipping Label Created
RIVERVIEW, FL 33578 


December 24

The husband received the package at work (despite me providing our villa address) just in time for Xmas. The customer service representatives from SL were friendly, they changed my address and added the PO box numbers because in Qatar, unless you have a PO Box you won't receive your parcel via normal shipping (USPS International Mail is the slowest and cheapest, Royal Mail) The most reliable mail companies are DHL, FedEx and Aramex (at an acceptable level) British Royal Mail works if you live in a hotel or serviced apartment but not in stand alone villa unless that villa has a PO box registered to it. My baby's gift was conveniently returned to its sender with a check box marked on 'phone not picked up'





160 Pro Full Color Second Edition

As you can see the palette came in a nice wine color box, with its own bubble wrap palette cover and both the palettes itself were covered in cling-type plastic cover which I took off to show you the colors in close up





Still wrapped in cling film




colors close up after removing cling film






28 Color Blush Set

I was expecting a bigger containers of blush but then how else do you fit in 28 colors in a standard palette without compromising on the size!






F

No comments:

Post a Comment